PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Lee Wee & Brothers’ Foodstuff Pte Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to respecting and protecting your personal data. This Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out the basis on which we collect, use, disclose, store and/or process your personal data. It applies to personal data in our possession or under our control. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we handle it. By continuing to visit and use this website, you confirm that you understand and consent to the terms of this Policy.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1. We collect various types of personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we (and all our affiliates, partners, subsidiaries and all relevant third parties mentioned in this Policy) have or are likely to have access. Personal data includes, without limitation, an individual’s name; address; telephone numbers; email addresses; date of birth; gender; payment information; credit card information; marketing preferences; preferred communication methods; and any other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may collect about you through your transactions with us and our affiliates, partners and subsidiaries.
2. We may collect personal data by way of the information that you provide to us on our website or by any other means, including when you:
· sign up for a new customer account on our website;
· login as a returning customer;
· place your order with us, whether via our website, delivery hotline, or by any other means;
· make payment to us, by way of online credit or debit card payment, funds transfer or any other method which we may specify; or
· collect food items from us (for example, to verify your identity).
USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
3. We may use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, the following purposes:
· to verify your identity;
· to take your orders and to provide you with products and services that you request;
· to process payments made to us (e.g. credit card payments, debit card payments, funds transfers);
· to manage the account that you may have set up with us;
· to communicate with you and to process and respond to your questions and comments;
· to provide you with personalised content on our website;
· to evaluate and improve the quality and content of our products, services and website;
· to notify you by email about special offers, products and services, and other company updates and developments that may be of interest to you;
· to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems;
· to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
· for the purposes of media coverage, marketing and business development;
· to comply with a court order or other legal process or other statutory and/or regulatory requirements of any governmental and/or regulatory authorities;
· in exceptional circumstances, such as a national emergency, security concern, or other situation in which we in our sole discretion deem to be prudent; and
· any other purpose permitted by applicable law, or as may be described to you from time to time at the point of collection of your personal data.
SHARING AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We do not share or sell your personal data to third parties, and will only disclose your personal data to relevant governmental and regulatory authorities, and other parties, only if so required under law.
5. Your personal data under our possession and control will not be transferred to other organisations outside Singapore, unless otherwise required under law.
6. If you are under 14 years old, we do not collect, use or disclose your personal data directly from you, nor are you permitted to set up an account with us. Please ensure that your parent or legal guardian provide your personal data to us on your behalf.
7. If you are a parent or legal guardian of someone under 14 years old who has provided us personal data without your knowledge and/or consent, you may request that we remove this information by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address indicated below.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
8. If you do not want your personal data to be collected, used, and/or disclosed by us in the aforementioned manner, you may withdraw your consent by writing to our Data Protection Officer at the address indicated below. Please note that we may not be able to continue to provide you with products or services, in the event that you choose to withdraw your consent.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
9. If you wish to access or correct any of your personal data that is under our possession or control, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the address indicated below. We reserve the right to charge a processing fee for providing you access to your personal data.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
10. Personal data may be retained by us for as long as the purpose for which the personal data was collected continues, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes, even in circumstances where you have closed your account with us, or have ceased to be a customer of ours. We will cease to retain personal data once we have no reason for doing so.
11. We take reasonable care and have implemented technical, procedural and other measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Page | 4 Personal data protection policy | v1.0 (28052015)
CHANGES TO POLICY
12. We may update this Policy from time to time without prior notice by posting a new version on this website. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
13. Your continued use of our website and continued dealings with us for the provision of our products and services, after any changes to this Policy has been made, constitutes your acceptance to such changes.
14. This Policy statement was last updated on 28 May 2015.
15. If you have any questions in relation to how your personal data is handled by us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data protection policy | v1.0 (28052015)